For information on schools that offer accredited environmental health programs, please visit the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC). The site lists both graduate and undergraduate schools.
Interested in schools with accredited public health programs? Visit the Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH) for a list and more information.
A new e-Book entitled Undergraduate Education for Public Health in the United States has just been released by Frontiers, one of the world's largest open-access publishers in the health field. Faculty from accredited schools and programs across the nation have contributed to the 20 chapters. Dr. Cheryl Addy, senior associate dean for academic affairs at the University of South Carolina Arnold School of Public Health, and Dr. Daniel Gerber, associate dean of academic affairs at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst School of Public Health and Health Sciences, served as topic editors for the E-book, along with former SPH deans Dr. David Dyjack and Dr. Connie Evashwick. The purpose of this compilation is to describe current curricular approaches to undergraduate education for public health and to facilitate analysis and discussion of what makes quality education and builds a competent workforce. The twenty articles address wide-ranging topics: the history of undergraduate public health education, recent development of accreditation criteria, description of specific programs, broader curriculum issues, and the evolving career opportunities in public health. Originally published as individual articles of a Frontiers Research Topic, the complete E-book is free of charge.
Environmental Health Career Podcast by PEPH
Michael Humble, Ph.D. hosts a Careers in Environmental Health podcast through Partnerships for Environmental Public Health.
- ABIH – American Board of Industrial Hygiene: http://www.abih.org
- AIHA – American Industrial Hygiene Association: http://www.aiha.org
- APHA - American Public Health Association: http://apha.org/
- ASSE – American Society of Safety Engineers: http://www.asse.org
- NACCHO – National Association of County City Health Officials: http://ww.naccho.org
- NEHA – National Environmental Health Association - http://www.neha.org/
Enviromental Health Employment Sites
- EHS Careers: http://ehscareers.com/
- FDA Commissioners Fellow: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFDA/WorkingatFDA/FellowshipInternshipG...
- FDA ORISE Intern Program: http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WorkingatFDA/FellowshipInternshipGraduateFac...
- NEHA Careers: http://neha.org/careers
- Peace Corps : http://www.peacecorps.gov/volunteer/learn/
- United States Public Health Service (USPHS) – Become a Commissioned Officer Corps under the Surgeon General: http://www.usphs.gov
- USPHS – ENVH Professional Officers Advisory Council (EHOPAC): http://ehopac.org/